When you are reviewing an officer's invoice, you can either approve the invoice or raise a dispute. When a dispute is raised it's important for all parties to attempt to resolve these as quickly and amicably as possible.
When you raise a dispute the officer is immediately notified that you have disputed the invoice, and is requested to log into RollKall to review the dispute. The officer has the ability to either amend their invoice and resubmit it with changes or to leave a response for you to review.
While RollKall provides a mechanism for officers and coordinators to communicate with you through the platform, we highly encourage a verbal discussion to resolve any conflicts.
When dealing with a dispute please remember the following.
- RollKall does not mediate disputes: The contract and relationship is between the officer/coordinator and the business. We do not have the authority to change invoices, charge different rates, etc.
- Attitude is everything: How the business, officer, and coordinator respond to a dispute typically affects the outcome. Be civil even when others are not.
- Officers don't threaten businesses, please respect the authority that has been granted to you by your department. Never say or write anything that you wouldn't want made public.
- Coordinators make sure that the business is aware ahead of time of rates and what they can expect to be charged. Surprises are never good, especially when it's time to pay a bill.
- Businesses please remember that if the officer and coordinator provided the requested service to you, that you are legally responsible for paying for those services. If you have questions or concerns, please address them quickly and respectfully with the appropriate individual.