When designing an event in RollKall, you can set up a one-day or multi-day event. This feature is designed to have multiple positions, with multiple start times, Supervisors and Officers coordinated for events of all sizes. Events cannot be set as recurring.
To create an event in RollKall, you need to perform the following procedures:
To create an event, you'll do the same tasks as you would if creating a job. The main difference is in the selection from the 'What type of job is this?' drop down.
- Click Jobs on the main nav bar at the top of the page. Click the button for + New Job.
- Enter the Job Name, Client, Project and Location
- On the drop down for 'What type of job is this?', click Event.
- Continue completing all remaining details in the General Job Information section such as Job Tags, Client Contact and Agency Supervisor.
- When designing an event, add all of the Supervisor positions first. Enter a Position Name, for example "Traffic Enforcement-Main St Supervisor." Enter in how many Supervisors are needed in this position on Officers Needed, the Date of the shift, the shift Start Time and End Time and pay Rate/Hr to the Supervisor(s). If there are no Supervisors needed, then please add all Officer Positions. Click the + Add button to save the Position details. A new section appears so you can add in more positions, if needed.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the line.
- The 'Edit Position' pop-up will appear so you can designate the specific requirements for the Position. One of the questions on the pop-up is if this is a Supervisory Position and if it is, please click Yes. Continue clicking Yes for all other needs and set the rank restrictions, equipment, vehicle and certification requirements, if necessary. Click Save on the 'Edit Position' pop-up when complete.
- If the Supervisor Position(s) have been designated, there will be a label as an identifier. Then, you can add the Reporting Positions below each Supervisor.
- There are () duplicate buttons on every Position and event date to allow for quick duplications. The () red trash can icon will also allow you to quickly delete any Positions or event date.
- Continue adding all necessary Positions for a complete event.
- Select who will send the invoice for the job to the Client. If it will be the Officer(s), select RKPay/Officer and continue to step 2. If it will be the Agency, select Other Method/Agency.
- Select whether you require the Client to prepay for the job.
- If you charge Coordinator Fees, enter the fee in the Set Coordination Fee field. This is a per hour fee.
- Select the recipient of the invoice in the Billing Contact dropdown. If you need to add the contact, click New and add the contact's information.
You can select which law enforcement agencies you want to limit this job to. For large events, there may be a need for multiple agencies to help staff Positions.
- For the question of "Is there a specific agency that you would like to use?", choose No if your agency would prefer to open this job up to all area agencies in RollKall.
- If your Agency would like to staff the job from specific Agencies, choose Yes and click + Add Agency to begin adding the preferred agencies. All Agencies must first be set up to be 'Show only to' the 'Agency Name' until 'Permanently'.
- Then, each Agency needs to be added again with the timing parameters of when the Agency should be able to view the job opportunity. Start the Agency's second line with 'Hide From' the 'Agency Name' until 'when they should be able to begin viewing the job.'In this example, Georgetown City PD will always be able to view the job without any timing parameters. Rhodes County PD can only view the job 5 days before the job starts.
Can I duplicate an event?
Yes, the same way you can 'Duplicate' every job in RollKall. Click into the specific job details and in the top-right corner, there's a button in gray titled 'Duplicate'. This button will duplicate all of the event details.
My large event requires multiple certifications. How can I make sure the certified Officers see the opportunity?
When adding a Position, click the pencil icon to open the 'Edit Position' pop-up. One of the questions on the 'Edit Position' pop-up is 'Are Certifications required for this position?' When you click Yes, to this question, you can select the required Certifications. The Officers who are interested in the Position will be required to have the Certification as a listed Certification on their RollKall app to be able to apply to it.
For additional guidance on which type of job to create see our FAQs article.