The Agency Settings section of RollKall allows you to set your agency's default settings including best practices for officer vetting, call off policies, payments, and invoices.
Note: Only those designated as Admins can set up the Agency Settings.
Click Your Name in the upper right corner, then select Agency Settings from the menu.
Would you like RollKall to teach you how to adjust your Agency Settings? Login to your RollKall account and click this link for a walkthrough:
- Image: Click and upload your agency's logo. This logo displays on RKPay invoices to the Client and on all Portal Users for your Agency.
- Name: Enter your Agency's name.
Note: The Jurisdiction field is pre-filled by RollKall.
- Time Zone: All new staff members will be created with their time zone set to the zone selected here.
- Billing Contact: Select the User from the drop down who will be adding the Agency's banking account information in RollKall. If a specific name is not listed on the drop down, their name will be available to choose from once they have been added as a User.
- (Optional) E-Mail: Enter a general email address for the organization.
- (Optional) Payment Details: This text box is available for all notes of payment conditions and processes.
Officer Approval & Assignment Rules
- Require Annual Verification Process: When checked, each year, the RollKall platform will send an email to all Supervisors to reverify their Officers in RollKall.
- Allow Officer Profile Sharing: If enabled, this will allow Officers to share an individualized QR code with prospective Clients. The Clients can request the specific Officer for their next job through the QR code.
- Prevent Officer Assignment Override: Prevents a Coordinator from being able to manually assign an Officer to one of their job's if the Officer is already scheduled on another Coordinator's job.
- Lock all officer profiles: Lock the PID#, Rank and the Service start date on the Officer Profile on the RollKall mobile app.
- Allow jobs to stay posted when they have already started: If enabled, Users can select if they would like a job to remain available for applicants and assignments even after the job has started.
- Assignment Rules: Use this section to create posting and assignment rules which should be made available to all Users. There are also more options in these assignment rules than when adding a rule on the 'Jobs' page.
Officer Call Off and Replacement
When an Officer is assigned to a job, they'll have a 'Call Off' button to utilize if/when they need to call off from a job. The 'Call Off' button will respond based on the selection below:
- Officer must call Coordinator: Instantly connect the Officer to a call with the Coordinator on the job
- Officer must find a replacement: 'Search and select a specific replacement' - The Officer can search a specific Officer's name using the RollKall mobile app and the app will message the Officer to see if they will accept the assignment. If they accept, the job will transfer to them but if they decline, the job will remain assigned to the original Officer. The Officer calling off can repeat this process. 'Repost the job to all eligible officers' - The job will be put back out on the 'Find Jobs' page in hopes all Officers in the group/across the Agency can staff it. The job will remain assigned to the original Officer until staffed. **Both of these options can be checked and utilized***
- Officers can call off through the app with no additional actions required: Officer can be unassigned from the job without consequence.
- Would you like to allow a call off grace period? This feature can only be utilized if the 'Officer must find a replacement' call off policy is selected. If there is a 'Call Off Grace Period', set up the parameters in which the Officers can call off and be completely unassigned and when it is too late to find a replacement on the RollKall mobile app.
- Call offs are no longer allowed ___ or less from the start of the job: Set the time frame the Officer should no longer be able to find their replacement using the RollKall mobile app. If the Officer attempts to call off within the time window noted, the RollKall mobile app will notify them to call their Coordinator.
Limit the job opportunities your Officers can view on the RollKall mobile app. There are three options:
- No Restrictions: Will be able to view all job opportunities, including outside Agency, Coordinators and Security Agencies jobs.
- Only allow jobs in these cities/counties: Select specific cities and counties the Officers are permitted to view job opportunities for. The Officers will be able to view and work jobs in the cities/counties added here.
- Only allow jobs created by my agency: Your Officers can only view and work your Agency's jobs.
Your Agency may have a limited number of hours Officers can work each week in off-duty. Enter in the weekly cadence and hourly limitation. RollKall will not permit the Officers to go over the weekly limit unless an Administrator User approves.
- Do you utilize Zones in your Agency? If enabled, Administrator Users can create the Zones and all Users will be able to assign a Zone to a job.
- Do you require that a location receive approval prior to your Officers working at the location? Review new locations and have the authority to deny locations if Officers should not be permitted to work at the location.
- Are there any types of venues that Officers are not permitted to work? If 'Yes' is selected, choose all of the venues or business types Officers are not permitted to work. This will protect the Officers from working a venue the Agency does not approve of.
There may be specific Agency who should be able to apply to your Agency's jobs by default. Set those default Agencies here:
- Click + Add Agency to begin adding the preferred agencies. All Agencies must first be set up to be Visibility: 'Show only to', the Agency: 'Agency Name' and until Time: 'Permanently'.
- Then, each Agency needs to be added again with the timing parameters of when the Agency should be able to view the job opportunity. Start the Agency's second line with Visibility: 'Hide From', the Agency: 'Agency Name' and until Time: 'when they should be able to begin viewing the job'.In this example, Georgetown City PD will always be able to view the job without any timing parameters. Rhodes County PD can only view the job 5 days before the job starts.
Before a new job can be worked by an Officer, require their Supervisor to verify or decline the Officer to work the job. If the Supervisor denies the job, the Officer will not be able to be assigned to the job opportunity.
Selecting the 'View Coordinator Jobs' checkbox will allow your Agency's Officers to work for outside Agency Coordinator's jobs. If selected, the Agency Administrator will be able to view any assigned Officer working for an outside Coordinator on the platform.
RollKall offers Occupational Accident Insurance (OAI) to all Officers who work RKPay jobs. OAI provides additional medical coverage, death and dismemberment. It comes at a cost to Officers. If your Agency requires OAI, this will deduct the cost from the Officer pay and give each Officer the additional coverage on RKPay jobs. Leaving unchecked will make OAI optional for all Officer's within the Agency.
Payments & Invoice Settings
- Transfer officer payments to agency: If your Agency pays Officers in payroll, this should be checked. This will make sure all of the Officer pay goes to the Agency banking account for distribution.
- Transfer coordination fees to agency: If your Coordinator's are charging fees and should be paid those fees in payroll, please check this box. This will make sure all of the fees go to the Agency banking account for distribution.
- Review officer invoices prior to client payment: Invoices are automatically created for every RKPay job and Officer invoicing. RollKall can instantly send the invoice to the Client for payment OR when this is checked, the invoice will pause for an Administrator/Coordinator User to review it before being sent to the Client.
- General Fees: If your Agency needs fees (Admin/City/Agency) on all invoices, any fees listed here will be automatically be charged on every invoice.
- Invoice Disclaimer: All wording input here will show on all invoices. This is a great spot to include your Agency payments conditions.
- Additional Assets: Add the non-vehicular equipment your Agency should charge for. Some examples may be K9, Body Cam, Traffic Enforcement Equipment, etc. Include the chargeable rate for each piece of equipment. When the equipment is added to the job, the rate will automatically be charged on the invoice.
- Vehicle Fees: Add all of the chargeable vehicles and their costs. When a vehicle is added to a job, the rate will automatically be charged on the invoice.
Click the + New Job Tag button to create the names of all job tags. Job Tags can be added to all jobs as a way of labeling them. You can also filter by Job Tags.
Click Save Changes to save all of your changes.
Verify Officers Learn more
Officer Verification Status Learn more
Please sign in to leave a comment.