Recurring jobs are jobs that repeat. RollKall gives the flexibility to set up a recurring job in a variety of cadences. This feature is great to use when the timing of the job is consistent time and time again.
To create a recurring job in RollKall, you need to perform the following procedures:
Would you like RollKall to teach you how to create a job? Login to your RollKall account and click this link for a walkthrough:
General Job Information
- Click Jobs on the blue bar at the top of the page. Click the button for + New Job.
- Enter a Job Name. This will show in bold font on the RollKall app and is what the job is typically called.
- Select the Client for this job. The Client is the paying business or organization. If the Client is not already visible in the dropdown, click + New and enter information into the appropriate fields to add them to RollKall.
- Select the Project for this job. Project can be the name of a task, role or program. If the Project is not already visible in the dropdown, click + New and enter information into the appropriate fields.
- Select the Location for this job. Location is the address the Officer should report to. If the Location is not already visible in the dropdown, click + New and enter information into the appropriate fields.
You'll only ever need to enter a Client, Project, and Location one-time. RollKall will show them in the drop downs going forward.
- On the drop down for 'What type of job is this?', click any option except, Event. Event is designed to occur one-time and not recur.
- Enter a Job Description that explains how the Officer can be successful at the job site. Put as much information in the text box such as the tasks they need to complete or do on-site. An example of a Job Description may be "Pick up a radio at the security desk and see Jennifer if you have any questions."
- (Optional) Select the appropriate Job Tag(s). You can add up to 5 tags per job.
- Enter the job Start Date and Start and End times for the shift.
- Select whether this is a flexible shift or not. Flex jobs allow officers to work any time within a large time window and are required to complete a minimum number of hours.
- For the question of 'Is this a recurring job?', please select Yes to open all of the recurrence options.
- Select the repetition frequency and when the job should stop recurring.
- Select the Client Contact. If the Client contact is not already in the dropdown, click + New and enter information into the appropriate fields to add the contact to RollKall.
Note: A Client Contact is required if this is an RKPay job.
- Select the Show Client Contact to Officer checkbox if you want the Officer to see the contact information of the Client Contact. This is especially important to select if Officers need to meet with that contact at the job site.
- In the Agency Supervisor field, select who should be contacted if someone needs to call off, needs more info, etc.
- Select the Include Coordinators checkbox if you want your Agency's Coordinators included in the Agency Supervisor dropdown.
- Click Continue.
- Enter a Position Name. A Position name may be the role, task or physical location such as a cross street. An example of a Positions Name may be 'Security' or 'Traffic Enforcement'.
- Select how many officers you need in this Position, along with the hourly Rate. Click + Add when the details are complete on the Position.
- (Optional) To edit and provide more details on a Position, click the pencil icon on the Position. A pop up appears to edit and add all of the specific details on the Position. Alternatively, you can duplicate and delete any Position.
- You can add as many Positions on the job as needed.
Note: You can use the Sort By dropdown in the upper right corner to sort how Positions will be listed within the job as well as within the roster.
- There are two options when it comes to invoicing the Client:
Officer/RKPay Agency/Other Method
- Officer clocks in and out of a job, confirms their time and an invoice is automatically generated in RollKall and sent to the Client.
- Prepay available
- Add any Coordinator fees, if necessary. This is a per hour fee
- Select the recipient of the invoice in the Billing Contact dropdown. If you need to add the contact, click + New and add the contact's information.
- To waive any jurisdiction fees, select the Waive Jurisdiction Fees checkbox.
- Agency or Manual invoicing allows the Agency to create a customized invoice to be sent to the Client.
- Depending on your RollKall Plan, 'Other Method' may be an option allowing your Agency to create invoicing and other plans, invoicing from RollKall will not be tracked by RollKall.
- Click Continue.
You can select which law enforcement agencies you want to limit this job to. For large events, there may be a need for multiple agencies to help staff Positions.
- For the question of "Is there a specific agency that you would like to use?", choose No if your agency would prefer to open this job up to all area agencies in RollKall.
- If your Agency would like to staff the job from specific Agencies, choose Yes and click + Add Agency to begin adding the preferred agencies. All Agencies must first be set up to be 'Show only to' the 'Agency Name' until 'Permanently'.
- Then, each Agency needs to be added again with the timing parameters of when the Agency should be able to view the job opportunity. Start the Agency's second line with 'Hide From' the 'Agency Name' until 'when they should be able to begin viewing the job.In this example, Georgetown City PD will always be able to view the job without any timing parameters. Rhodes County PD can only view the job 5 days before the job starts.
- Click Continue.
Save Draft/Save Job/Send Estimate will save the job details.
How can I quickly add an additional shift to the recurring job?
After creating the first shift to the job, click on the existing job to pull up the job details. On the top right of the job details page is a button in gray titled 'Duplicate'. The Duplicate button allows you to duplicate an entire job and all of its details and then you can make the minor changes such as a time change. Add the second shift timing and save the job. Continue utilizing the Duplicate button to create as many shifts as necessary.
Create an event Learn more
Please sign in to leave a comment.