RollKall is restricted to only active law enforcement officers. In order to ensure that all officers are active and in good standing with their respective department, we require a thorough verification check, which usually takes between 7 and 10 days.
After performing the procedure below, your status as an active Law Enforcement Officer will be validated. If the agency you work for is already using RollKall, the agency validates your status. If your agency is not using RollKall, then RollKall will reach out to your agency to validate your status. For more details on the verification process, click here.
The validation/verification/reverification process is digital. However, your app does allow a manual document upload process as a workaround, if needed. That process will add more time to the validation process.
Signing up for RollKall involves signing up for 2 different aspects of the service.
- First is signing up to use the app and validation of your credentials. Completing this is required of all Officers who intend to use RollKall to sign up for off-duty jobs.
- The other aspect of signup is optional (sign up for RKPay), and can be completed when you sign up to use RollKall initially, or at a future date. If you already know whether you want to sign up for RKPay, performing this signup while you are already signing up to use the app, is quick and easy, and easy to remember to do.
Note: Throughout the signup process, after downloading the app and creating your sign-in credentials, if you need to log out of RollKall, you can do so, and you will be brought to a screen that shows you where you left off in the signup process. What you have done so far will not be lost. In this event, scroll to the bottom of that checklist and status screen and tap Continue Signup to complete your signup.
Sign up for RollKall
- Navigate to the Apple App Store or Android Play Store, search for, and download the RollKall application.
- Open the application on your mobile phone.
- Tap Sign Up, then tap GET STARTED.
- Confirm that you have read and accept both statements by selecting the checkboxes on the left, then tap Continue at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your First and Last Name, Mobile Number, and Email address.
- Create a Password and confirm it.
- If you were provided a referral code from another officer, enter it into the Referral Code field. This field is optional.
- Tap Continue.
RollKall sends you a text with a verification code.
- Enter the verification code sent to your phone in the Verify Mobile Number area, then tap Continue.
- Take a photo of or upload a professional photo of yourself, then tap Continue.
- Enter your Address details, and Emergency Contact information, then tap Continue.
- Enter your Police ID number.
- Select your Current Department and your Rank.
- Select the day you started with your current department in the Department Start Date field.
- Enter your Specialties.
- Enter your Immediate Supervisor's Name, Contact Number, and Email Address.
- Tap Continue.
- Upload front and back pictures of your Department Issued ID, then tap Continue.
- Read the information regarding RKPay and tap either Yes, Sign me up, or I'll do this later. Click here if you tapped Yes, Sign me up. Continue to step 20 if you tapped I'll do this later.
- Log into your email and find the Welcome to RollKall email and click the link within that email.
- Return to the mobile app and tap the appropriate link regarding how you have handled email verification.
- When the Officer Verification page opens, tap the Request Verification button at the bottom of the page to send a verification email to the supervisor whose email you provided in step 15 of this process.
Your supervisor will either confirm or deny your verification and you’ll get an email letting you know which choice your supervisor has made. When that happens, the Officer verification row turns green and shows as Finished.
(Alternatively, you can choose to manually download a verification form, fill it out and have it signed by your supervisor and then upload the completed form to RollKall. A blank verification form is also attached to this article.)
Important Note: Regardless of whether you utilize the Request Verification button or choose to upload the verification manually, you’ll still need to wait 7-10 days after that email for your supervisor to actually approve you in the application (Account Approval). You’ll know you are all set to use RollKall once the Account Approval line at the bottom of the main signup page turns green and shows as Finished.
Sign up for RKPay
Signing up for RKPay is optional. RKPay allows officers to get paid directly from their clients without having to worry about multiple forms of payment or collecting 1099's from multiple clients at the end of the year. Click here to learn more about how RKPay works.
- Tap RKPay Account on the signup status page.
- Tap Yes, Sign me up.
- Enter your Social Security Number and Date of Birth.
- Select whether you want RKPay to deposit cash onto a Debit card or into your checking account. Then, enter the appropriate details for the account type you just selected.
- Upload an evidence quality Photo ID of yourself.
- Tap the View Terms and Conditions link to open and read through RKPay's terms and conditions.
- After closing out of the Terms and Conditions page, select the Agree Terms and Conditions checkbox.
- Tap Save.
You are signed up and you will receive an email with details about RKPay.
- Return to step 21 in the section above to continue with the RollKall Verification process.