RollKall is only available to active Law Enforcement Officers, and is mobile-only for them. Therefore, in order for officers to sign up, they must download the RollKall app onto their mobile phone and build a Rollkall profile, which then needs to be approved prior to them being able to sign up for off duty jobs. Many departments also require officers to reverify annually.
By clicking the Officers option in the navigation bar at the top of the page, you can see which officers have been approved, denied, and are pending approval. Further, you have the right to approve or deny officers within RollKall. Officers who are denied are unable to sign up for any jobs in any jurisdictions within RollKall.
Remember that if an officer's status changes (the officer leaves your department or is suspended, for example), you will need to change their status in RollKall.
Verify (and Reverify) Officers to use RollKall
Whether an officer is verifying or reverifying their credentials, you’ll receive an email that allows you to Verify or Decline them.
- When that email arrives, click Verify Officer.
- On the Officer Verification Confirmation page, click Verify Officer or Deny, as appropriate (and you may add optional comments). Clicking a button on this page sends the officer a note indicating whether you will be verifying or denying them in the system. However, you will still need to perform the appropriate procedure in the RollKall portal to change their status in the tool. Continue to the appropriate section below for instructions on how to approve and deny officers in the application.
You can approve any officer whose status is not currently showing as Active.
- For officers that you want to approve, search for them on the Officers page, and after locating them, click Edit.
- At minimum, verify the following:
|Tab name||Information needed|
Photo is an acceptable photo of the officer that could appear on a government ID.
Jurisdiction date reflects the date they began working as a peace officer in the jurisdiction.
The officer has included pictures of a government-issued ID that indicates the officer is a peace officer (which usually has the Chief's signature on it) and the pictures should be evidence quality.
|Account||Email must show as verified in order to be approved. You can also update the Officer's email address in this field.|
3. In the Vetted Status field of the Verification tab, select Verified to approve this officer. Be sure to include who is approving this officer in the Vetted Comments field.
4. Click the Save button.
The officer is now approved in the system and can begin signing up for jobs.
- For officers that you want to deny, search for them on the Officers page, and after locating them, click Edit.
- Click the Verification tab, and in the Vetted Status field, select Denied.
- Click the Save button.
The officer has now been denied approval to work any jobs in the RollKall system.