Officers can chat during the job on the RollKall mobile app. When a job becomes 'Active', meaning it has started, there will be a 'Chat' option available on the job. The 'Chat' feature is an instant messaging element to allow communication across everyone working the same job.
- Chat is available on active jobs for all Officers and Supervisors assigned to the job.
- Officers will be notified when a message has been sent in the chat.
- The Chat is undocumented and not recorded for long term. It is only available during the active job and will disappear at the close of the job.
There are three steps you need to perform.
- Click Schedule on the bottom bar of the RollKall mobile app.
- Click the Job the Officer is clocked in to. Tap the blue button in the bottom right corner ().
- Tap Chat.
- Chat with the Agency Supervisor, the onsite Supervisors, and Officers working the same job, just like a standard instant messaging app.
I need to document someone on a job and I need to record it for long-term visibility. Can I use the Chat feature for this?
The Chat feature is only available during the time of the job and will be erased. If you need to document something, please use the 'Add a Note' feature. Notes can store information on a job permanently.